Daily Schedule & Course information
- Das Meditationszentrum ist durchgehend geöffnet.
Das bedeutet, Sie können jederzeit mit einem Kurs beginnen, soweit ein Platz verfügbar ist.
- Bitte fragen Sie Ihre gewünschte Kurszeit über die Kontaktseite bei uns an.
- Zur Anmeldung senden Sie uns bitte Ihren vollen Namen,
Ihre E-Mail-Adresse, Ihre Telefonnummer und Ihre Postanschrift.
- Für Erstanmeldungen gilt zusätzlich die folgende Regelung:
Recently there has been an increase in the numer of registrations from prospective
students who are not showing up without letting us know, are not available, are not responding etc.
As this is blocking serious inquiries, we decided to take the following steps:
- If you register for the first time, you will need to transfer a bail of 200€ to our account.
- Your registration is only valid once we have received the money in our account,
and you will then receive a confirmation for your registration.
- When you arrive at the Meditation Centre, you will be refunded the full amount.
- For cancellations up to 5 days before the start date,
we will transfer the full amount back to your account
- For cancellations from 4 days to the day of arrival, we keep 50% of the amount.
- In case of no-show whithout prior notice, we keep the entire amount.
By signing up and transferring the money to our account you declare that
you agree with this regulation.
Our bank account:
DHAMMACARI VIPASSANA MEDITATIONSZENTRUM E. V.
SPARKASSE ERDING - DORFEN
IBAN: DE74700519950010183903 (IBAN: DE74 700 519 950 010 183 903)
15 days are needed for the basic course
10 days for a retreat (for everbody who finished the basic course),
it is also possible to come for few days for meditation
(Notice: we give a preference to the meditators coming for the basic course or 10 days retreat)
This time table shows if Hildegard Huber or one of our guest teachers is in the center for teaching
The meditation teacher and the Dhammacari Vipassana-Meditation Center gem.e.V. cannot
accept any liability for physical and psychological damages, which may arise during
the participation in the course.
Arrival is possible between 1-4 p.m. (especially for basic course). Other times only with prior consultation.
Breakfast is served at 6:30 a.m., lunch at 11:00 a.m. Drinking water, tea and coffee are available. The food is organic and vegetarian.
During the entire course the participants should commit themselves to adhere to the eight buddhist rules of moral conduct:
1. to abstain from killing any living creature
2. to abstain from taking what is not given
3. to abstain from all sexual activity
4. to abstain from speaking what is not true
5. to abstain from all intoxicants (alcohol, drugs)
6. to abstain from eating solid food after 12 Noon
7. to abstain from sensual entertainment (dancing, singing, reading, listening to the radio), and bodily decoration (jewels, perfume, cosmetics)
8. to abstain from sleeping on high or luxurious beds
The courses are conducted in noble silence.
Each participant is guided by the meditation teacher in daily discussion (report), during which the exercises are given and explained.
Please bring the following things with you:
Cover for the bed (No sleeping bag!), towels and shoes for the house, thermos bottle, alarm clock, digitaltimer, white coloured comfortable clothes, shoes and clothes for working meditation outside (f. e. in the garden)(Mobilephone have to be deposed by the house management).
We do not have the possibility to take donation by creditcard, for this please bring cash with you.
Part of each meditation course is one hour working meditation in the house or garden The house has a biological sewage system. For this reason we ask that only biologically soluble soaps, shampoos, etc. are used.
For those who cannot or do not wish to attend a continuous basic meditation course at Sonnenthal there is the possibility to integrate the course over a period of 12 weeks in their every day life. But they need to come for a personal report once in a week to the meditation center
1. willingness to participate for 12 weeks
2. adherence to the 5 Buddhist rules of virtue (not to kill, not to take that which is not given, right speech, no unwholesome sexual activities, renunciation of substances which can cloud the mind)
3. meditate for at least two hours every day
4. once a week report (discussion) with the teacher
5. at the end of the course stay 4 days in the meditation center
Those who have already completed a basic course can do an at-home retreat in eight weeks.
Download Flyer "Scheyern Kurs"