A detailled description of the course (basic course as well as 10-day retreat) can be found under Info I.
The following information applys exclusively to the summer course at the Benedictine Abbey in Scheyern:
In terms of participation fee the same applies to the summer course as it does for the regular courses at the centre – they are based on Dana. Any voluntary donation for the teachers, their travel expenses (e.g. plane tickets) and the food is welcome.
However, in terms of accomodation, the Benedictine Abbey has fixed prices and such costs will have to be paid to the abbey directly. They current rate is:
– €25 per night per person (single room, en suite)
The abbey only accepts cash!
For any course at the Dhammacari Vipassana Meditationszentrum the information under “Participation fee” is applicable.
- comfortable, white clothes (“fit for a monastery”, not too tight, not see-through…)
- digital timer and alarm clock (mobile phone need to be deposited with management for the duration of the course)
- slippers to wear inside the abbey
- cushions, blankets and mats
- thermos flask