- The Meditation Centre is open throughout the whole year (including Christmas and New Year) with the exception of a period in August, when a meditation retreat is organised at the Benedictine Abbey of Scheyern. As long as there is space available, you can start your retreat individually.
- If you are interested in doing a basic retreat or a following retreat, please contact us via e-mail (see “Contact/Registration”) and let us know which dates you would like to come. You will get a automatic answer with the dates of the next possible place for basic retreat. We will check for availability and get back to you.
- To register for any retreat, please send us your full name, e-mail address, telephone number and postal address and your birthday.
exeption: from 6th of December – 6th of January there is no possibility for basic retreat
|15 days||The retreat is open to everyone interested in getting to know Vipassana mediation in the tradition of Most Ven. Ajahn Tong.||Info I|
|12 days||The 10-day retreat (plus arrival and departure day) is open to all meditators who have already completed the basic retreat.||Info I|
|Summer retreat at Benedictine Abbey in Scheyern||12 – 15 days|
Every year in August we offer a basic retreat as well as a 10-day-retreat at the Benedictine Abbey in Scheyern (Bavaria). Originaly the course was lead by Khun Thanat Chindaporn & Khun Kathryn Johnston-Chindaporn, our senior teachers from Chomtong, together with Hildegard Huber.
Because our beloved teacher Khun Thanat passad away in March 2022 and still Khun Kathryn can not take the invitation for this year, the retreat will be guided from Hildegard and assisting teachers.
(start at any time)
|8 – 12 weeks||Meditators integrate a regular schedule of meditation of minimum 2 hours/day for several weeks into their daily lives and are guided through the retreat by our teacher Hildegard Huber. To complete the course, 2-4 days of presence in the meditation centre are required.||Info III|
|Individual days of practice|
As we give preference to meditators signing up for a full basic retreat or a 10-day retreat we can give places for only few days of meditation only in short term, …and it’s very rare that we have this places for short stay.
Our meditation centre offers a space for seclusion and the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in and concentrate on your practice. In general, the daily schedule consists of:
- the individual meditation sessions
- a daily report with your teacher
- one hour of working meditation to help us run and maintain the centre
- the meals
You can practice in your room, the meditation hall or outside in the garden and you will be able to fit in breaks between your individual meditation sessions. However, there will be no time to pursue any leisure activities.
The “Dhammacari Vipassana Meditationszentrum e.V.” as well as the meditation teacher and the voluntary staff cannot accept any liability for physical and psychological damages, which may arise during the participation in one of the courses.