Please make sure you arrive around 1 p.m., latest 3 p.m. (especially if you have registered for a basic retreat). As we are giving the introduction for the basic retreat to all arriving participants together, a later arrival is not makeable for us.
Should you be unable to time your arrival during these hours, kindly get in touch with us.
Breakfast is served at 6:30 a.m., lunch at 11:00 a.m. Drinking-water and tea are available throughout the day. Our meals are organic and vegetarian (not vegan).
During the entire course, meditators should commit themselves to adhere to the eight buddhist precepts of moral conduct:
1. to abstain from killing any living creature
2. to abstain from taking that, which is not given
3. to abstain from all sexual activity
4. to abstain from speaking what is not true
5. to abstain from all intoxicants (alcohol, drugs)
6. to abstain from eating solid food after 12 noon
7. to abstain from sensual entertainment (dancing, singing, reading, listening to the radio), and bodily decoration (jewels, perfume, cosmetics)
8. to abstain from sleeping on high or luxurious beds
The retreats are conducted in noble silence.
Retreat participants have a private, daily reporting session with the teacher during which they receive guidance, support and explanations on the exercises.
Part of each meditation course is one hour of “working meditation” to help maintain the house and the garden.
If you sign up for a retreat, please bring the following items with you:
- comfortable, white clothes (“fit for a monastery”, not too tight, not see-through, knees and shoulders should be covered)
- digital timer and alarm clock (mobile phone need to be deposited with house management for the duration of the course); digital timers can be bought at the centre for €5
- slippers to wear inside the house
- dishtowel and sponge for dish
- bedclothes (fitted sheets, bedsheet, pillowcase); no sleeping bag, please!
- thermos flask
- flowers for the shrine/opening ceremony (white or light coloured)
- shoes and clothes for working meditation outside
Further, the house has a biological sewage system; we kindly ask you to only bring biologically degradable soaps, shampoos, etc.
Unfortunately, we do not have the possibility to process donations made by debit- or creditcard (cash only).3